When many travelers think of Wyoming, they think only of Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. But there's a whole lot more to see and do across the rest of Wyoming, too! We start out this episode by sharing our search for a place to camp by visiting Boulder Lake, Fremont Lake, Half Moon Lake, Soda Lake, Willow Lake and the Green River Lakes, before settling in at the High Line Trail RV Park in Boulder.
From there we explore Pinedale, its surroundings at the foot of the spectacular Wind River Mountains, and its unique importance to the discovery and exploration of the American West. We'll get a primer by visiting the Museum of the Mountain Man to learn more about the fur trade, Fort Bonneville, the Green River Rendezvous, explorers Benjamin Bonneville, Jim Beckwourth and Jim Bridger, and more, before heading out across the countryside in search of the sites that we learned about at the museum.
Filmed: September 27-October 3, 2020
- 0:00 Intro
- 0:56 Boulder Lake
- 2:18 Fremont Lake
- 4:17 Half Moon Lake
- 5:01 Soda Lake & Willow Lake
- 5:42 Green River Lakes
- 6:38 Highline Trail RV Park
- 9:48 Boulder, Wyoming
- 10:36 Pinedale
- 12:57 Museum of the Mountain Man
- 19:42 Finding the historic sites
- 22:49 Wrap-up and what's next
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Boulder Campground https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/btnf/recarea/?recid=71745
- Fremont Lake Campground https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/btnf/recarea/?recid=71755
- Half Moon Lake Campground https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/234785
- Soda Lake Wildlife Habitat Management Area boondocking https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Public-Access/WHMA/WHMA/Soda-Lake
- Willow Lake Campground https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/btnf/recarea/?recid=71829
- Episode 108: Wind River Mountains https://youtu.be/zAumhI89nZM
- Highline Trail RV Park https://www.highlinetrailrvpark.com/
- Visit Pinedale https://www.visitpinedale.org/
- Museum of the Mountain Man https://museumofthemountainman.com/
- Trappers Point https://goo.gl/maps/CsNKSodcrJqAn4rm8
- Fort Bonneville https://goo.gl/maps/qGXubZXxJkWff9i97
- Green River Rendezvous https://goo.gl/maps/8iNNfvcCmkwRE5QEA
- Mass on the Prairie https://goo.gl/maps/st31Gqw65RcABySs6
GET GRAND ADVENTURE STUFF
We've created some fun and quirky merchandise particularly for RV campers, including t-shirts, coffee mugs and more. Sales help to support Grand Adventure to keep bringing you outdoor adventure videos each and every week. Visit https://teespring.com/stores/grandadventure to browse our selection.
USE WHAT WE USE
We've opened a Grand Adventure store on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/shop/GrandAdventure Unlike other Amazon shops, every single item you see in our store is hand picked from things we use ourselves in our own Grand Adventures, from RV stuff to our dogs and even photography and videography. We've tried it, we've tested it, and we can heartily recommend it. No random stuff or paid product placements.
It costs you no more to shop Amazon with us, but by shopping our store a portion of each sale goes to bringing you more and better Grand Adventure videos! Thank you for clicking through to give us a look!
🎵 We license music for our videos from Soundstripe https://soundstripe.com?fpr=grandadventure. Use the coupon code "GRANDADVENTURE" to get 10% off a yearly or monthly Soundstripe subscription.
Welcome to Grand Adventure, a YouTube channel that focuses on RV-centric outdoor activities including not only of course camping, but also mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, skiing and more, always filmed in stunning 4K.
We're based in Salt Lake City, Utah, and invite you to come along as we travel all around the western U.S. My wife Patricia and I, and dog Zoe are avid boondockers, so you'll seldom find us in RV parks or even dry campgrounds. Instead, we're usually camped in some of the most remote and beautiful spots that you could ever pull a travel trailer into. And unlike most other RV channels on YouTube, we're not RV dealers or full-timers -- we're "long-timers" who tend to hit the road for weeks or months at a time, while maintaining a sticks-and-bricks home in Utah.
We'll provide beautiful travel videos, as well as some tips and insight on trip planning, and equipping and maintaining your RV to make your next adventure a grand one indeed! So, subscribe to make sure that you catch every episode, and remember...life is nothing but a Grand Adventure!
CONNECT WITH US
Become one of our Grand Adventurers and subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Our website: http://GrandAdventure.tv
Like us! https://facebook.com/GrandAdventureRV/
Follow us! https://www.instagram.com/grand_adventure_rv/
Follow us! https://twitter.com/GrandAdventRV
Find us! https://www.rvillage.com/group/2781/grand-adventure
This post currently has no responses.