Founded in 1880, Pierre was selected as South Dakota's state capital when the territory was admitted as a state in 1889. Today it's a lush green small town on the banks of the Missouri River, surrounded by both rich history and remarkably diverse outdoor recreation. Join us for this glimpse of central South Dakota!
Filmed: May 23-25, 2020
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:04 Fischers Lilly Park Campground
- 5:12 Steamboat Park & hiking La Framboise Island Nature Area
- 8:00 State Capitol
- 10:21 South Dakota Cultural Heritage Center Museum
- 10:51 Fort Pierre Chouteau
- 12:10 Lake Oahe, Oahe Dam & Oahe Downstream State Recreation Area
- 15:12 Wrap-up
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Our campsite https://goo.gl/maps/B6E1Afbu4MGoqRtNA
- Fischer Lilly Town Park https://www.fortpierre.com/attractions/fischers-lilly-park/
- La Framboise Island Nature Area https://gfp.sd.gov/parks/detail/laframboise-island-nature-area/
- South Dakota Cultural Heritage Center https://history.sd.gov/Museum/
- Oahe Downstream State Recreation Area https://gfp.sd.gov/parks/detail/oahe-downstream-recreation-area/
- Lake Oahe https://www.nwo.usace.army.mil/Missions/Dam-and-Lake-Projects/Missouri-River-Dams/Oahe/
GET GRAND ADVENTURE STUFF
We've created some fun and quirky merchandise particularly for RV campers, including t-shirts, coffee mugs and more. Sales help to support Grand Adventure to keep bringing you outdoor adventure videos each and every week. Visit https://teespring.com/stores/grandadventure to browse our selection.
USE WHAT WE USE
We've opened a Grand Adventure store on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/shop/GrandAdventure Unlike other Amazon shops, every single item you see in our store is hand picked from things we use ourselves in our own Grand Adventures, from RV stuff to our dogs and even photography and videography. We've tried it, we've tested it, and we can heartily recommend it. No random stuff or paid product placements.
It costs you no more to shop Amazon with us, but by shopping our store a portion of each sale goes to bringing you more and better Grand Adventure videos! Thank you for clicking through to give us a look!
🎵 We license music for our videos from Soundstripe https://soundstripe.com?fpr=grandadventure. Use the coupon code "GRANDADVENTURE" to get 10% off a yearly or monthly Soundstripe subscription.
Welcome to Grand Adventure, a YouTube channel that focuses on RV-centric outdoor activities including not only of course camping, but also mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, skiing and more, always filmed in stunning 4K.
We're based in Salt Lake City, Utah, and invite you to come along as we travel all around the western U.S. My wife Patricia and I, and dog Zoe are avid boondockers, so you'll seldom find us in RV parks or even dry campgrounds. Instead, we're usually camped in some of the most remote and beautiful spots that you could ever pull a travel trailer into. And unlike most other RV channels on YouTube, we're not RV dealers or full-timers -- we're "long-timers" who tend to hit the road for weeks or months at a time, while maintaining a sticks-and-bricks home in Utah.
We'll provide beautiful travel videos, as well as some tips and insight on trip planning, and equipping and maintaining your RV to make your next adventure a grand one indeed! So, subscribe to make sure that you catch every episode, and remember...life is nothing but a Grand Adventure!
CONNECT WITH US
Become one of our Grand Adventurers and subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Our website: http://GrandAdventure.tv
Like us! https://facebook.com/GrandAdventureRV/
Follow us! https://www.instagram.com/grand_adventure_rv/
Follow us! https://twitter.com/GrandAdventRV
Find us! https://www.rvillage.com/group/2781/grand-adventure