Along with Fort Worden in Port Townsend and Fort Flagler on Marrowstone Island, Fort Casey on Washington State's Whidbey Island was part of the "Triangle of Fire," a trio of strategically placed fortifications defending the entrance to the Puget Sound at the turn of the 20th Century. We'll not only camp at and explore Fort Casey in this Grand Adventure, but also visit Fort Worden, Port Townsend, Anacortes, and the Whidbey Island towns of Coupeville and Langley, so come along!
Filmed: July 9-13, 2023
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:04 The Triangle of Fire
- 1:48 Port Townsend
- 2:31 Fort Worden Historical State Park
- 7:08 Port Townsend-Coupeville Ferry
- 10:19 Fort Casey Campground
- 12:29 Fort Casey Historical State Park
- 17:44 Whidbey Island
- 20:54 Deception Pass
- 21:50 Anacortes
- 22:36 Wrap-up and what's next
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Our campsite https://goo.gl/maps/FVyiG7EBn4giA9pG6
- Fort Casey Historical State Park https://www.parks.wa.gov/505/Fort-Casey
- Campnab https://campnab.com
- Enjoy Port Townsend https://enjoypt.com/
- Fort Worden Historical State Park https://www.parks.wa.gov/511/Fort-Worden
- Port Townsend-Coupeville Ferry https://wsdot.com/ferries/schedule/scheduledetailbyroute.aspx?route=pt-key
- Whidbey Island https://whidbeycamanoislands.com/
- Deception Pass State Park https://www.parks.wa.gov/497/Deception-Pass
- Experience Anacortes https://anacortes.org/
🎵 We license music for our videos from Soundstripe <a href="https://soundstripe.com?fpr=grandadventure" target="_blank" rel="noopener">https://soundstripe.com?fpr=grandadventure</a>. Use the coupon code "GRANDADVENTURE" to get 10% off a yearly or monthly Soundstripe subscription.
Additional videography: Dale Gehrig
Welcome to Grand Adventure, a YouTube channel that focuses on RV-centric outdoor activities including not only of course camping, but also mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, skiing and more, always filmed in stunning 4K.
We're based in Salt Lake City, Utah during the winter months, and invite you to come along as we travel all around the U.S. My wife Patricia and I, and dog Zoe are avid boondockers, so while you'll occasionally find us in RV parks or even dry campgrounds, we're usually camped in some of the most remote and beautiful spots that you could ever pull a travel trailer into. We've now transitioned from "long-timing" for six months a year, to living and traveling in our RV full-time.
We'll provide beautiful travel videos, as well as some tips and insight on trip planning, and equipping and maintaining your RV to make your next adventure a grand one indeed! So, subscribe to make sure that you catch every episode, and remember...life is nothing but a Grand Adventure!
CONNECT WITH US
Become one of our Grand Adventurers and subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Our website: http://GrandAdventure.tv
Like us! https://facebook.com/GrandAdventureRV/
Follow us! https://www.instagram.com/grand_adventure_rv/
Follow us! https://twitter.com/GrandAdventRV
Follow us! https://mewe.com/p/grandadventure