The Lowcountry is the name of the region along South Carolina's coast, including both the city of Charleston and the Sea Islands. In this Grand Adventure, while staying at Tiny Town RV Campground in Cottageville we'll spend a week exploring Charleston, Folly Beach, Sullivan's Island, Patriots Point (home to two Navy warship museums), the slavery history of McLeod Plantation, Colonial Dorchester, the Tuskegee Airmen Memorial, and Fort Sumter, where the first shots were fired in the U.S. Civil War.
Filmed: October 2-9, 2022
- 0:00 Intro
- 0:49 Charleston
- 5:33 The Sea Islands - Folly Beach & Sullivan's Island
- 6:53 Tiny Town RV Campground
- 8:54 Colonial Dorchester State Historic Site
- 12:08 Tuskegee Airmen Memorial
- 13:19 McLeod Plantation Historic Site
- 17:48 Ravanel Bridge & Patriots Point
- 19:32 Fort Sumter National Monument
- 25:40 Wrap-up and what's next
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Our campsite https://goo.gl/maps/PmCAsL5NajKAsXdJ9
- Explore Charleston https://www.charlestoncvb.com/
- Folly Beach https://visitfolly.com/
- Sullivan's Island https://sullivansisland.sc.gov/
- Tiny Town RV Campground https://www.tinytownrvcampground.com/
- Colonial Dorchester State Historic Site https://southcarolinaparks.com/colonial-dorchester
- Tuskegee Airmen Memorial https://www.walterborosc.org/tuskegee-airmen-monument
- McLeod Plantation Historic Site https://www.ccprc.com/1447/McLeod-Plantation-Historic-Site
- Patriots Point https://www.patriotspoint.org/
- Fort Sumter National Monument https://www.nps.gov/fosu
GET GRAND ADVENTURE STUFF
We've created some fun and quirky merchandise particularly for RV campers, including t-shirts, coffee mugs and more. Sales help to support Grand Adventure to keep bringing you outdoor adventure videos each and every week. Visit https://teespring.com/stores/grandadventure to browse our selection.
USE WHAT WE USE
We've opened a Grand Adventure store on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/shop/GrandAdventure Unlike other Amazon shops, every single item you see in our store is hand picked from things we use ourselves in our own Grand Adventures, from RV stuff to our dogs and even photography and videography. We've tried it, we've tested it, and we can heartily recommend it. No random stuff or paid product placements.
It costs you no more to shop Amazon with us, but by shopping our store a portion of each sale goes to bringing you more and better Grand Adventure videos! Thank you for clicking through to give us a look!
🎵 We license music for our videos from Soundstripe https://soundstripe.com?fpr=grandadventure. Use the coupon code "GRANDADVENTURE" to get 10% off a yearly or monthly Soundstripe subscription.
Welcome to Grand Adventure, a YouTube channel that focuses on RV-centric outdoor activities including not only of course camping, but also mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, skiing and more, always filmed in stunning 4K.
We're based in Salt Lake City, Utah during the winter months, and invite you to come along as we travel all around the U.S. My wife Patricia and I, and dog Zoe are avid boondockers, so while you'll occasionally find us in RV parks or even dry campgrounds, we're usually camped in some of the most remote and beautiful spots that you could ever pull a travel trailer into. We've now transitioned from "long-timing" for six months a year, to living and traveling in our RV full-time.
We'll provide beautiful travel videos, as well as some tips and insight on trip planning, and equipping and maintaining your RV to make your next adventure a grand one indeed! So, subscribe to make sure that you catch every episode, and remember...life is nothing but a Grand Adventure!
CONNECT WITH US
Become one of our Grand Adventurers and subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Our website: http://GrandAdventure.tv
Like us! https://facebook.com/GrandAdventureRV/
Follow us! https://www.instagram.com/grand_adventure_rv/
Follow us! https://twitter.com/GrandAdventRV
Follow us! https://mewe.com/p/grandadventure
Find us! https://www.rvillage.com/group/2781/grand-adventure