Flaming Gorge is a 42,000-acre recreation paradise spanning the Utah/Wyoming border. In the summer it's a hub of activity including not only world-class fishing and boating, but also swimming, kayaking, hiking, whitewater rafting and, of course, camping.
Come explore Flaming Gorge with us on this Kitchen Table Trips episode of Grand Adventure! We'll find relaxing boondocking along the eastern shore, along with Forest Service campgrounds and even full-hookup RV parks as well. We'll visit nearby Brown's Park, one of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid's favorite hideouts, to see the John Jarvie Historic Ranch maintained by the BLM, and we'll also kayak through Horseshoe Canyon. We'll gaze down upon Flaming Gorge from Red Canyon, and view the engineering marvel that is the Flaming Gorge Dam.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
GET GRAND ADVENTURE STUFF
We've created some fun and quirky merchandise particularly for RV campers, including t-shirts, coffee mugs and more. Sales help to support Grand Adventure to keep bringing you outdoor adventure videos each and every week. Visit https://teespring.com/stores/grandadventure to browse our selection.
USE WHAT WE USE
We've opened a Grand Adventure store on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/shop/GrandAdventure Unlike other Amazon shops, from RV stuff to our dogs and even photography and videography, every single item you see in our store is hand picked from things we use ourselves in our own Grand Adventures. We've tried it, we've tested it, and we can heartily recommend it. No random stuff or paid product placements.
It costs you no more to shop Amazon with us, but by shopping our store a portion of each sale goes to bringing you more and better Grand Adventure videos! Thank you for clicking through to give us a look!
- All music in this episode is open source and obtained from the YouTube Audio Library http://YouTube.com/audiolibrary, or licensed from Soundstripe http://SoundStripe.com.
- Map of the Green River is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
- Photo of Sheep Creek Bay is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported, 2.5 Generic, 2.0 Generic and 1.0 Generic license.
Author: Paul Hermans
- Photo of Antelope Flat Campground is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.
- Photo of Manns Campground is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.
- Photo of Flaming Gorge from the Red Canyon Visitor Center is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.
- RV park photo from Flaming Gorge Resort.
- Photo of Manila KOA from KOA.
- Photos of John Jarvie Ranch via the BLM.
- All other photography and cinematography is our own.
Welcome to Grand Adventure, a YouTube channel that focuses on RV-centric outdoor activities including not only of course camping, but also mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, skiing and more, nearly always filmed in stunning 4K.
We're based in Salt Lake City, Utah, and invite you to come along as we travel all around the western U.S. My wife Patricia and I, and our dogs Zoe and Maggie are avid boondockers, so you'll seldom find us in RV parks or even dry campgrounds. Instead, we're usually camped in some of the most remote and beautiful spots that you could ever pull a travel trailer into. And unlike most other RV channels on YouTube, we're not RV dealers or full-timers -- we're weekend warriors just like you!
We'll provide tips and insight on equipping and maintaining your RV, trip planning and travel videos to make your next adventure a grand one indeed! So, subscribe to make sure that you catch every episode, and remember...life is nothing but a Grand Adventure!
CONNECT WITH US
Become one of our Grand Adventurers and subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Our website: http://GrandAdventure.tv
Like us! https://facebook.com/GrandAdventureRV/
Follow us! https://www.instagram.com/grand_adventure_rv/
Follow us! https://twitter.com/GrandAdventRV
Find us! https://www.rvillage.com/group/2781/grand-adventure
July 2, 2019 at 4:52 pm
Looking for information on Anvil Draw Rd, WYO side. Interested in Boondocking. Is the camping similar to Jug Hollow Road? We’ve always camped on Jug Hollow but thought about trying Anvil.
July 2, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Alas, Antoinette, we haven’t checked it out ourselves. Please let us know what you find if you head there!