Silverton is a quaint, lovingly restored former mining community deep in Colorado's rugged San Juan Mountains. Here you'll find a less spoiled Colorado, where the town's welcoming Greene Street is surrounded by mining ruins, ghost towns and strikingly beautiful off-road driving. Come explore Silverton with us on this Kitchen Table Trips episode of Grand Adventure! We'll find relaxing boondocking while camped in the National Forest next to the bubbling waters of Mineral Creek, see the historic Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, ride a mine train into a former gold mine deep in Galena Mountain, and take a 4x4 excursion to the ghost town of Animas Forks at a lofty 11,200 feet.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Silverton Chamber of Commerce http://silvertoncolorado.com
- Colorado Tourism http://colorado.com
- Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad http://www.durangotrain.com
- Old Hundred Gold Mine Tour http://minetour.com
- Alpine Loop map https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5286478.pdf
GET GRAND ADVENTURE STUFF
We've created some fun and quirky merchandise particularly for RV campers, including t-shirts, coffee mugs and more. Sales help to support Grand Adventure to keep bringing you outdoor adventure videos each and every week. Visit https://teespring.com/stores/grandadventure to browse our selection.
USE WHAT WE USE
We've opened a Grand Adventure store on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/shop/GrandAdventure Unlike other Amazon shops, from RV stuff to our dogs and even photography and videography, every single item you see in our store is hand picked from things we use ourselves in our own Grand Adventures. We've tried it, we've tested it, and we can heartily recommend it. No random stuff or paid product placements.
It costs you no more to shop Amazon with us, but by shopping our store a portion of each sale goes to bringing you more and better Grand Adventure videos! Thank you for clicking through to give us a look!
- All music in this episode is open source and obtained from the YouTube Audio Library http://YouTube.com/audiolibrary, or licensed from Epidemic Sound http://epidemicsound.com or Soundstripe http://SoundStripe.com.
- Train b-roll provided by the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.
- Photo of the Million Dollar Highway just south of Ouray is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
- Photo of downtown Silverton is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
Author: John S. Hirth
- Photo of U.S. 550 at the Uncompahgre Gorge is open source and authored by Reinhard Schön.
- All other photography and cinematography is our own.
Welcome to Grand Adventure, a YouTube channel that focuses on RV-centric outdoor activities including not only of course camping, but also mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, skiing and more, nearly always filmed in stunning 4K.
We're based in Salt Lake City, Utah, and invite you to come along as we travel all around the western U.S. My wife Patricia and I, and our dogs Zoe and Maggie are avid boondockers, so you'll seldom find us in RV parks or even dry campgrounds. Instead, we're usually camped in some of the most remote and beautiful spots that you could ever pull a travel trailer into. And unlike most other RV channels on YouTube, we're not RV dealers or full-timers -- we're weekend warriors just like you!
We'll provide tips and insight on equipping and maintaining your RV, trip planning and travel videos to make your next adventure a grand one indeed! So, subscribe to make sure that you catch every episode, and remember...life is nothing but a Grand Adventure!
CONNECT WITH US
Become one of our Grand Adventurers and subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Our website: http://GrandAdventure.tv
Like us! https://facebook.com/GrandAdventureRV/
Follow us! https://www.instagram.com/grand_adventure_rv/
Follow us! https://twitter.com/GrandAdventRV
Find us! https://www.rvillage.com/group/2781/grand-adventure
This post currently has no responses.