A voyage down the final 100 miles of the Green River by kayak, canoe or raft, through the Labyrinth Canyon and Stillwater Canyon into Utah's Canyonlands National Park, is an epic bucket list camping trip. It's also the only way to see this part of Canyonlands. We spend eight days on the river, encountering other river travelers from four other states and two other countries along the way. We find remnants of ancient people dating from 200 to 1,200 years old, including the "Outlaw Cabin" and Anasazi cliff dwellings. We descend through numerous layers of the earth’s crust, passing through two seasons. Throughout it all, though, the river is our constant, yet moody companion; at times our lover and best friend, and at other times our worst enemy, the river is alive -- a living, breathing creature that dominates our lives for days on end.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Separate river permits are required from the BLM for Labyrinth Canyon, and from Canyonlands National Park for Stillwater Canyon. The Labyrinth Canyon permit requires little more than filling out a form and carrying the required gear, while the permit for Stillwater Canyon requires a bit more arduous and bureaucratic process and while there’s no lottery involved, permits are limited by the number of people who can be shuttled by outfitters from The Confluence or Spanish Bottom. Ruby Ranch’s owners also charge a fee for those who choose to launch their boats there, although there are alternative put-ins at Crystal Geyser and in the town of Green River.
Applications and more information may be found at:
- BLM Labyrinth Canyon https://www.blm.gov/visit/labyrinth-canyon
- Canyonlands National Park river permits https://www.nps.gov/cany/planyourvisit/riverpermits.htm
Two outfitters are permitted to provide shuttle services from Spanish Bottom to Moab and also provide guided expeditions:
GET GRAND ADVENTURE STUFF
We've created some fun and quirky merchandise particularly for RV campers, including t-shirts, coffee mugs and more. Sales help to support Grand Adventure to keep bringing you outdoor adventure videos each and every week. Visit https://teespring.com/stores/grandadventure to browse our selection.
- All music in this episode is open source and obtained from the YouTube Audio Library http://YouTube.com/audiolibrary, or licensed from Soundstripe http://SoundStripe.com.
Welcome to Grand Adventure, a YouTube channel that focuses on RV-centric outdoor activities including not only of course camping, but also mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, skiing and more, nearly always filmed in stunning 4K.
We're based in Salt Lake City, Utah, and invite you to come along as we travel all around the western U.S. My wife Patricia and I, and our dogs Zoe and Maggie are avid boondockers, so you'll seldom find us in RV parks or even dry campgrounds. Instead, we're usually camped in some of the most remote and beautiful spots that you could ever pull a travel trailer into. And unlike most other RV channels on YouTube, we're not RV dealers or full-timers -- we're weekend warriors just like you!
We'll provide tips and insight on equipping and maintaining your RV, trip planning and travel videos to make your next adventure a grand one indeed! So, subscribe to make sure that you catch every episode, and remember...life is nothing but a Grand Adventure!
CONNECT WITH US
Become one of our Grand Adventurers and subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Our website: http://GrandAdventure.tv
Like us! https://facebook.com/GrandAdventureRV/
Follow us! https://www.instagram.com/grand_adventure_rv/
Follow us! https://twitter.com/GrandAdventRV
Find us! https://www.rvillage.com/group/2781/grand-adventure
To create Grand Adventure we use:
- Sony Alpha a6500 Mirrorless Digital Camera https://amzn.to/2v26W8C
- Sony SELP18105G E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS lens https://amzn.to/2GIsDjz
- DJI Mavic Pro drone for 4K aerial videography http://amzn.to/2y9CN6T
- DJI Osmo+ 4K video stabilized heldheld gimbal camera http://amzn.to/2xwMwRj
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ http://amzn.to/2yRhqEV
- Sunpak TravelLite Pro tripod http://amzn.to/2zAwtGL
- Neweer Video Tripod Fluid Drag Pan Head https://amzn.to/2GGH4V5
- Rode VideoMicro microphone http://amzn.to/2gsf6NY
- Sony SEL35F18 E 35mm F1.8 OSS Prime Lens https://amzn.to/2HOEGIC
- GoPro Hero 5 Black https://amzn.to/2tPcn6V
- Insignia omnidirectional lapel microphone https://amzn.to/2N7wPbY
- Movo Photo MB700 camera chest holster https://amzn.to/2HkFNjE
- Vivitar DVR917HD 4K action camera https://goo.gl/URR7S3
- Monoprice MHD Sport 2.0 Wi-Fi Action Camera http://amzn.to/2xsmnDa
- Peak Design Capture camera clip V3 https://amzn.to/2JkNo1G
- PolarPro DroneTrekker backpack https://amzn.to/2KdfbSS
- MindShift Ultralight Dual 36L hybrid camera backpack https://amzn.to/2HXvhPy
- various other tripods and mounts
Video editing software:
- Cyberlink PowerDirector https://amzn.to/2C4Ha4B
- 2016 Evo by Forest River T2050 (23') https://goo.gl/53a88X
- 2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 https://goo.gl/NJQpbD
- Renogy 200W Eclipse folding monocrystalline solar suitcase with PWM solar controller: http://amzn.to/2DfCdnC
- Renogy MC-4 to SAE adapter: http://amzn.to/2DgPRqE
- Halo 1500W power inverter: http://amzn.to/2Ca5Sln
- Champion 3100-Watt RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Wireless Remote Start http://amzn.to/2zAwwCi
- KING VQ4550 Tailgater portable automatic satellite TV antenna and DISH Wally HD receiver: http://amzn.to/2BDL6XR
- weBoost 4G-X RV cell phone signal booster https://amzn.to/2J8mWZq
- HooToo TripMate portable 12V Internet router http://amzn.to/2BUQY3a
- Mopeka LP Tank Check http://amzn.to/2xFrakI
- Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Radiant Heater: http://amzn.to/2DVNQSa
- Oxygenics Body Spa RV http://amzn.to/2AcGO9z
- Large folding moon camp chairs: http://amzn.to/2DWCTzJ
- Magma stainless steel Marine Kettle gas grill https://amzn.to/2Gtt90y
- Magma round rail grill mount https://amzn.to/2uIjqlx
- Magma low pressure control valve https://amzn.to/2Gv7cCw
- Magma Marine Kettle grill cover https://amzn.to/2H6oEKG
- DOZYANT 12 Feet RV Connection Hose, 3/8 inch Female Flare x 1/4 inch Full Flow Quick-Connect Male Plug https://amzn.to/2uDMxXq
- 3M Command products: http://amzn.to/2BH6sUj
- CleverMade CleverCrates 46 Liter collapsible storage totes: http://amzn.to/2BIuVZr45-gallon fresh water folding storage tank http://amzn.to/2zwrML0
- 12-volt water transfer pump http://amzn.to/2Ag3ExD
- Orbit water flow meter http://amzn.to/2zKbliu
- Teknor Apex Zero-G 4001-50 Lightweight, Ultra Flexible, Durable, Kink-Free Garden Hose, 5/8-Inch by 50-Feet https://amzn.to/2NAdcfM