The Hill Aerospace Museum makes for an excellent educational stop for the whole family while RVing through northern Utah.
Founded in 1981 as part of the United States Air Force Heritage Program, this free aviation museum is a 30-acre complex on the grounds of Hill Air Force Base near Ogden housing nearly 100 fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters, and missiles in two massive indoor hangars and in outdoor displays.
Aircraft on exhibit range from the earliest days of flight at the turn of the 20th century, all the way through World Wars I and II, the first jets, and the Cold War, and finishing with aircraft used on peacekeeping missions at the end of the century. Count on spending a couple of hours to enjoy it thoroughly.
The museum is open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Admission is FREE. The museum is closed on Sundays and holidays including Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and New Year's Day. It's located immediately east of I-15 off exit 338 and there's plenty of free parking with room to park an RV.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Hill Aerospace Museum http://www.hill.af.mil/Home/Hill-Aerospace-Museum/
- Utah Air Show https://theutahairshow.com/
Gear used in the filming of this episode includes:
- Panasonic Lumix G7 mirrorless camera https://amzn.to/2DTDpNE
- DJI Osmo+ 4K video stabilized heldheld gimbal camera http://amzn.to/2xwMwRj
- Sunpak TravelLite Pro tripod http://amzn.to/2zAwtGL
- Neweer Video Tripod Fluid Drag Pan Head https://amzn.to/2GGH4V5
- Rode VideoMicro microphone http://amzn.to/2gsf6NY
- PowerDeWise Lavalier lapel microphone http://amzn.to/2y7DAVK
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ http://amzn.to/2yRhqEV
- PolarPro DroneTrekker backpack https://amzn.to/2KdfbSS
Video editing software:
- Cyberlink PowerDirector http://amzn.to/2Capy8J
We also use:
- Sony Alpha a6500 Mirrorless Digital Camera https://amzn.to/2v26W8C
- Sony SELP18105G E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS lens https://amzn.to/2GIsDjz
- Movo Photo MB700 camera chest holster https://amzn.to/2HkFNjE
- DJI Mavic Pro drone for 4K aerial videography http://amzn.to/2y9CN6T
- Vivitar DVR917HD 4K action camera https://goo.gl/URR7S3
- Monoprice MHD Sport 2.0 Wi-Fi Action Camera http://amzn.to/2xsmnDa
- various other tripods and mounts
- MindShift Ultralight Dual 36L hybrid camera backpack https://amzn.to/2HXvhPy
- Peak Design Capture camera clip V3 https://amzn.to/2JkNo1G
- 2016 Evo by Forest River T2050 (23') https://goo.gl/53a88X
- 2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 https://goo.gl/NJQpbD
- Renogy 200W Eclipse folding monocrystalline solar suitcase with PWM solar controller: http://amzn.to/2DfCdnC
- Renogy MC-4 to SAE adapter: http://amzn.to/2DgPRqE
- Halo 1500W power inverter: http://amzn.to/2Ca5Sln
- Champion 3100-Watt RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Wireless Remote Start http://amzn.to/2zAwwCi
- KING VQ4550 Tailgater portable automatic satellite TV antenna and DISH Wally HD receiver: http://amzn.to/2BDL6XR
- HooToo TripMate portable 12V Internet router http://amzn.to/2BUQY3a
- Mopeka LP Tank Check http://amzn.to/2xFrakI
- Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Radiant Heater: http://amzn.to/2DVNQSa
- Oxygenics Body Spa RV http://amzn.to/2AcGO9z
- Large folding moon camp chairs: http://amzn.to/2DWCTzJ
- Magma stainless steel Marine Kettle gas grill https://amzn.to/2Gtt90y
- Magma round rail grill mount https://amzn.to/2uIjqlx
- Magma low pressure control valve https://amzn.to/2Gv7cCw
- Magma Marine Kettle grill cover https://amzn.to/2H6oEKG
- DOZYANT 12 Feet RV Connection Hose, 3/8 inch Female Flare x 1/4 inch Full Flow Quick-Connect Male Plug https://amzn.to/2uDMxXq
- 3M Command products: http://amzn.to/2BH6sUj
- CleverMade CleverCrates 46 Liter collapsible storage totes: http://amzn.to/2BIuVZr45-gallon fresh water folding storage tank http://amzn.to/2zwrML0
- 12-volt water transfer pump http://amzn.to/2Ag3ExD
- Orbit water flow meter http://amzn.to/2zKbliu
- 25-foot Camco TastePURE Drinking Water Hose, Lead and BPA Free http://amzn.to/2zuQCuU
- All music in this episode is open source and obtained from the YouTube Audio Library http://YouTube.com/audiolibrary, or licensed from Soundstripe http://SoundStripe.com.
Welcome to Grand Adventure, a YouTube channel that focuses on RV-centric outdoor activities including not only of course camping, but also mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, skiing and more, nearly always filmed in stunning 4K.
We're based in Salt Lake City, Utah, and invite you to come along as we travel all around the western U.S. My wife Patricia and I, and our dogs Zoe and Maggie are avid boondockers, so you'll seldom find us in RV parks or even dry campgrounds. Instead, we're usually camped in some of the most remote and beautiful spots that you could ever pull a travel trailer into. And unlike most other RV channels on YouTube, we're not RV dealers or full-timers -- we're weekend warriors just like you!
We'll provide tips and insight on equipping and maintaining your RV, trip planning and travel videos to make your next adventure a grand one indeed! So, subscribe to make sure that you catch every episode, and remember...life is nothing but a Grand Adventure!
CONNECT WITH US
Become one of our Grand Adventurers and subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Our website: http://GrandAdventure.tv
Like us! https://facebook.com/GrandAdventureRV/
Follow us! https://www.instagram.com/grand_adventure_rv/
Follow us! https://twitter.com/GrandAdventRV
Find us! https://www.rvillage.com/group/2781/grand-adventure