Spring is a special time of year in Alta. Founded in 1938 and having just wrapped up its 80th season this past weekend, Alta is one of the oldest and most storied ski areas in the nation. Steeped in tradition and embracing the soul of skiing, it's one of only three ski areas left in the U.S. that still prohibit snowboarding on their slopes. It's this reverence for honored tradition, as well as some of the deepest and lightest snowfall in North America, that draws regulars, employees and visitors alike back for season after season, creating lasting bonds that persevere long after the last snows of winter finally melt into Little Cottonwood Creek.
Filmed on location April 14 to May 6, 2018 at Alta Ski Area in Alta, Utah.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Alta Ski Area http://www.Alta.com
- Skiing stills by Photo John Photo http://photo-john.net/
- Additional photography by Rick Murray.
- Additional cinematography by Bobby Danger.
- All music in this episode is open source and obtained from the YouTube Audio Library http://YouTube.com/audiolibrary, or licensed from Soundstripe http://SoundStripe.com.
Gear used in the filming of this episode includes:
- Sony Alpha a6500 Mirrorless Digital Camera https://amzn.to/2v26W8C
- Sony SELP18105G E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS lens https://amzn.to/2GIsDjz
- Sony SEL35F18 E 35mm F1.8 OSS Prime Lens https://amzn.to/2HOEGIC
- DJI Mavic Pro drone for 4K aerial videography http://amzn.to/2y9CN6T
- DJI Osmo+ 4K video stabilized heldheld gimbal camera http://amzn.to/2xwMwRj
- Sunpak TravelLite Pro tripod http://amzn.to/2zAwtGL
- Neweer Video Tripod Fluid Drag Pan Head https://amzn.to/2GGH4V5
- Rode VideoMicro microphone http://amzn.to/2gsf6NY
- PowerDeWise Lavalier lapel microphone http://amzn.to/2y7DAVK
- MindShift Ultralight Dual 36L hybrid camera backpack https://amzn.to/2HXvhPy
- Peak Design Capture camera clip V3 https://amzn.to/2JkNo1G
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ http://amzn.to/2yRhqEV
- PolarPro DroneTrekker backpack https://amzn.to/2KdfbSS
Video editing software:
- Cyberlink PowerDirector http://amzn.to/2Capy8J
We also use:
- Movo Photo MB700 camera chest holster https://amzn.to/2HkFNjE
- Vivitar DVR917HD 4K action camera https://goo.gl/URR7S3
- Monoprice MHD Sport 2.0 Wi-Fi Action Camera http://amzn.to/2xsmnDa
- various other tripods and mounts
- 2016 Evo by Forest River T2050 (23') https://goo.gl/53a88X
- 2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 https://goo.gl/NJQpbD
- Renogy 200W Eclipse folding monocrystalline solar suitcase with PWM solar controller: http://amzn.to/2DfCdnC
- Renogy MC-4 to SAE adapter: http://amzn.to/2DgPRqE
- Halo 1500W power inverter: http://amzn.to/2Ca5Sln
- Champion 3100-Watt RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Wireless Remote Start http://amzn.to/2zAwwCi
- KING VQ4550 Tailgater portable automatic satellite TV antenna and DISH Wally HD receiver: http://amzn.to/2BDL6XR
- HooToo TripMate portable 12V Internet router http://amzn.to/2BUQY3a
- Mopeka LP Tank Check http://amzn.to/2xFrakI
- Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Radiant Heater: http://amzn.to/2DVNQSa
- Oxygenics Body Spa RV http://amzn.to/2AcGO9z
- Large folding moon camp chairs: http://amzn.to/2DWCTzJ
- Magma stainless steel Marine Kettle gas grill https://amzn.to/2Gtt90y
- Magma round rail grill mount https://amzn.to/2uIjqlx
- Magma low pressure control valve https://amzn.to/2Gv7cCw
- Magma Marine Kettle grill cover https://amzn.to/2H6oEKG
- DOZYANT 12 Feet RV Connection Hose, 3/8 inch Female Flare x 1/4 inch Full Flow Quick-Connect Male Plug https://amzn.to/2uDMxXq
- 3M Command products: http://amzn.to/2BH6sUj
- CleverMade CleverCrates 46 Liter collapsible storage totes: http://amzn.to/2BIuVZr45-gallon fresh water folding storage tank http://amzn.to/2zwrML0
- 12-volt water transfer pump http://amzn.to/2Ag3ExD
- Orbit water flow meter http://amzn.to/2zKbliu
- 25-foot Camco TastePURE Drinking Water Hose, Lead and BPA Free http://amzn.to/2zuQCuU
Welcome to Grand Adventure, a YouTube channel that focuses on RV-centric outdoor activities including not only of course camping, but also mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, skiing and more, nearly always filmed in stunning 4K.
We're based in Salt Lake City, Utah, and invite you to come along as we travel all around the western U.S. My wife Patricia and I, and our dogs Zoe and Maggie are avid boondockers, so you'll seldom find us in RV parks or even dry campgrounds. Instead, we're usually camped in some of the most remote and beautiful spots that you could ever pull a travel trailer into. And unlike most other RV channels on YouTube, we're not RV dealers or full-timers -- we're weekend warriors just like you!
We'll provide tips and insight on equipping and maintaining your RV, trip planning and travel videos to make your next adventure a grand one indeed! So, subscribe to make sure that you catch every episode, and remember...life is nothing but a Grand Adventure!
CONNECT WITH US
Become one of our Grand Adventurers and subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Our website: http://GrandAdventure.tv
Like us! https://facebook.com/GrandAdventureRV/
Follow us! https://www.instagram.com/grand_adventure_rv/
Follow us! https://twitter.com/GrandAdventRV
Find us! https://www.rvillage.com/group/2781/grand-adventure