Flaming Gorge is a 42,000-acre recreation paradise spanning the Utah/Wyoming border. In the summer it's a hub of activity including not only world-class fishing and boating, but also swimming, kayaking, hiking, whitewater rafting and, of course, camping.
Come explore Flaming Gorge with us on this Kitchen Table Trips episode of Grand Adventure! We'll find relaxing boondocking along the eastern shore, along with Forest Service campgrounds and even full-hookup RV parks as well. We'll visit nearby Brown's Park, one of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid's favorite hideouts, to see the John Jarvie Historic Ranch maintained by the BLM, and we'll also kayak through Horseshoe Canyon. We'll gaze down upon Flaming Gorge from Red Canyon, and view the engineering marvel that is the Flaming Gorge Dam.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Gear used in the filming of this episode includes:
- DJI Osmo+ 4K video stabilized heldheld gimbal camera http://amzn.to/2xwMwRj
- Sunpak TravelLite Pro tripod http://amzn.to/2zAwtGL
- PowerDeWise Lavalier lapel microphone http://amzn.to/2y7DAVK
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ http://amzn.to/2yRhqEV
Video editing software:
- Cyberlink PowerDirector http://amzn.to/2Capy8J
We also use:
- Monoprice MHD Sport 2.0 Wi-Fi Action Camera http://amzn.to/2xsmnDa
- DJI Mavic Pro drone for 4K aerial videography http://amzn.to/2y9CN6T
- Vivitar DVR917HD 4K action camera https://goo.gl/URR7S3
- various other tripods and mounts
- Rode VideoMicro microphone http://amzn.to/2gsf6NY
- 2016 Evo by Forest River T2050 (23') https://goo.gl/53a88X
- 2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 https://goo.gl/NJQpbD
- Renogy 200W Eclipse folding monocrystalline solar suitcase with PWM solar controller: http://amzn.to/2DfCdnC
- Renogy MC-4 to SAE adapter: http://amzn.to/2DgPRqE
- Halo 1500W power inverter: http://amzn.to/2Ca5Sln
- Champion 3100-Watt RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Wireless Remote Start http://amzn.to/2zAwwCi
- KING VQ4550 Tailgater portable automatic satellite TV antenna and DISH Wally HD receiver: http://amzn.to/2BDL6XR
- HooToo TripMate portable 12V Internet router http://amzn.to/2BUQY3a
- Mopeka LP Tank Check http://amzn.to/2xFrakI
- Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Radiant Heater: http://amzn.to/2DVNQSa
- Oxygenics Body Spa RV http://amzn.to/2AcGO9z
- Large folding moon camp chairs: http://amzn.to/2DWCTzJ
- Nexgrill portable stainless steel gas grill: http://amzn.to/2Cbr8VC
- 3M Command products: http://amzn.to/2BH6sUj
- CleverMade CleverCrates 46 Liter collapsible storage totes: http://amzn.to/2BIuVZr
- 45-gallon fresh water folding storage tank http://amzn.to/2zwrML0
- 12-volt water transfer pump http://amzn.to/2Ag3ExD
- Orbit water flow meter http://amzn.to/2zKbliu
- 25-foot Camco TastePURE Drinking Water Hose, Lead and BPA Free http://amzn.to/2zuQCuU
- All music in this episode is open source and obtained from the YouTube Audio Library http://YouTube.com/audiolibrary, or licensed from Soundstripe http://SoundStripe.com.
- Map of the Green River is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
- Photo of Sheep Creek Bay is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported, 2.5 Generic, 2.0 Generic and 1.0 Generic license.
Author: Paul Hermans
- Photo of Antelope Flat Campground is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.
- Photo of Manns Campground is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.
- Photo of Flaming Gorge from the Red Canyon Visitor Center is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license.
- RV park photo from Flaming Gorge Resort.
- Photo of Manila KOA from KOA.
- Photos of John Jarvie Ranch via the BLM.
- All other photography and cinematography is our own.
Welcome to Grand Adventure, a YouTube channel that focuses on RV-centric outdoor activities including not only of course camping, but also mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, skiing and more, nearly always filmed in stunning 4K.
We're based in Salt Lake City, Utah, and invite you to come along as we travel all around the western U.S. My wife Patricia and I, and our dogs Zoe and Maggie are avid boondockers, so you'll seldom find us in RV parks or even dry campgrounds. Instead, we're usually camped in some of the most remote and beautiful spots that you could ever pull a travel trailer into. And unlike most other RV channels on YouTube, we're not RV dealers or full-timers -- we're weekend warriors just like you!
We'll provide tips and insight on equipping and maintaining your RV, trip planning and travel videos to make your next adventure a grand one indeed! So, subscribe to make sure that you catch every episode, and remember...life is nothing but a Grand Adventure!
CONNECT WITH US
Become one of our Grand Adventurers and subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Our website: http://GrandAdventure.tv
Like us! https://facebook.com/GrandAdventureRV/
Follow us! https://www.instagram.com/grand_adventure_rv/
Follow us! https://twitter.com/GrandAdventRV
Find us! https://www.rvillage.com/group/2781/grand-adventure